Monday 29 April 2013

Ultramarines Land Raider

This is my very latest bit of freehand on a Land Raider that Ed had already airbrushed. I decided on using the 2 long strips at the op, and maybe something small on each side.

I decided a banner would be good, and my son gave me the idea of having it wrapped around a sword. Ed sprayed the sword on for me as it was a big area, and I just added the handle. Also we did the banner parts using a stencil and airbrush.

I decided to add a bit to the banner as it was a bit too square and neat so I went over some of the edges and put some highlights on the handle. Not sure if this now makes the blade a little artificial looking in comparison?

On the other side, with the lack of room I just added a purity seal. I toyed with the idea of a thunder hammer but it was too narrow a space and would have looked weird in scale compared to the sword.

I then decided on putting a space marine face on the side door and chose one from "The Emperors Might" book of artwork. It began as a small face but then I got carried away and spread outwards adding a shoulder and terminator helmet. I'm glad I did as I'm really pleased with it and I think it's one of my favourite bits of freehand so far. I'll probably look back on it in a few months and think it's rubbish though as I'm starting to do with some of my early work!

I thought the other side was a bit too empty so I added a skull and laurels to the other front side part. Although for me, the terminator is definately the focal point. This is also on eBay and if it sells well I might do another for a different chapter.







No comments:

Post a Comment