Sunday 5 May 2013

Bank holiday painting!!

I managed to get into high production mode over this weekend, freehanding my death company rhino on the friday, and another blood angels rhino on the saturday!

Ed had sprayed up a load of tanks ready for me (as you can see in the background of the photos), no rest for the wicked!

The death company tank was something I had the idea for ages ago and had the sketches in my art book from previous ideas. I decided something like a simple skull on the top and something from the codex on the side. I got ed to spray on a red cross on the top and side door.


I decided on the skull cup on the side, but I thought the front looked a bit empty so I freehanded a little motif from the codex on there.

For the blood angels rhino I decided upon the picture from the front of the codex, the "mechanised" sanguinor (is how I, possibly wrongly, describe it). I'm really pleased with how this one turned out and I'll probably do this one again, maybe on a land raider. I did a terminator shoulder skull on the side, and drybrushed the forgeworld door on the front.


I've got a dark angels rhino sat on my desk as we speak and I'm starting to sketch ideas. I will probably upload better pictures of these two when they are ready for ebay. Ed is going to airbrush the headlights and add more mud effects first.



No comments:

Post a Comment